Summer Tomato Pasta Salad
There is nothing easier than making a pasta salad! Every time we make this, we simply know that everyone will be more than happy to go back for seconds!
Get all the colours of fresh tomatoes you can find. During the harvesting season, they will be sweet, firm, and juicy. We are adding some cucumber for extra crunchiness and a light herb dressing to finish this refreshing tomato salad.
This dish is perfect by itself, or a perfect addition to any grilled meat or fish recipes and barbeque party!
Tips to make a better pasta salad
Starting with the main ingredient, choose any small sized dried pasta such as farfalle, macaroni, or penne, but avoid fresh pasta as it might come out mushy after mixing it with the dressing.
We all know that pasta should be served al dente, but for this dish we cook it for one minute longer than written on the package. Slightly soft is good because the pasta won’t keep cooking as in warm pasta dishes, and you get the crunchy texture from the vegetables.
Finally, don’t add too much dressing and keep some extra on the side for those who want extra.
Tomato Pasta Salad
- 300 gr cooked tricolore fusilli pasta
- 300 gr mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 pc diced red beefsteak tomato
- ½ pc cucumber
- ½ pc onion
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds
- 200 gr sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
Prepare the sauce
- Combine the sour cream, lemon juice, all fresh herbs and season to taste with pepper, salt, and a pinch of cayenne chili pepper.
Prepare the pasta salad
- Wash and cut the tomatoes, cucumber and onion and place in a bowl with the cooked fusilli and almonds.
- Gently toss the pasta with the sour cream dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Put the right amount of sour cream dressing into the pasta salad, if too much the taste will be slimy or too rich if too little the salad will be dry.