In our opinion a sweet treat now and then is essential, and an ideal choice is this classic cheesecake with strawberries. The name of today’s recipe is debatable though; this is because we are serving this no-bake sweet treat layered in verrines and we should perhaps refer to it as a cheesecake mousse.
However, defining the dish name won’t stop the enjoyment of this stylish and easy to prepare dessert. Served in individual glasses or verrines, this cheesecake mousse in combination with crunchy biscuits and a fresh strawberry mixture is ideal to finish any meal during a hot summer.
Why is gelatine not needed for cheesecake in verrines?
As the cheesecake is served in individual portions, it is easy to scoop and layer so it is unnecessary to add gelatine leaves. The whipped cream with cheese will hold firmly enough to give the necessary fluffy texture.
What about other fruits?
Other fruits besides strawberries can be used, so feel free to use your favourites and take advantage of seasonal fruits. Other berries or mango are perfect substitutes for this dessert.
You can also try to use the fruit as a holder for the cheesecake. Check out how we did it with the strawberries.
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake in Verrines
- ¼ pc lemon zested
- 8 pcs basil leaves
For the crust
- 120 gr biscuit
- 25 gr unsalted soft butter
Prepare the crust
- Use a food processor to blend the biscuits and butter together. Divide the mixture equally between the verrines.Use a spoon or a cork to compress the crust firmly and refrigerate.
Prepare the cheesecake mixture
- Whisk all ingredients together to get a smooth and creamy texture.Place the cheesecake mix into a piping bag.
Prepare the strawberries
- Dice the strawberries and chop the fresh basil leaves finely.
- Gently toss the strawberries with the lemon zest and basil and allow to macerate.
Finish the verrines
- Fill each glass to ⅓ with the cheesecake mixture, divide the strawberry mixture between the glasses and place on top.
- Finish the verrines with a second layer of cheesecake and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Additional seasoning for the strawberry salad is possible with fresh ground white pepper, a few drops of Ricard or Pastis, or white balsamic vinegar.