This one pot recipe of pork meatballs with noodles simmered in chicken broth served with pak choi and fresh vegetables is an ideal dish for a quick weekday lunch or dinner, with the bonus of it being a healthy choice too! Much of this comforting recipe can be made in advance meaning no stress at all!
Make a unique noodle soup
This Asian soup can be served in a variety of ways as ingredients can be added or substituted as required. Firstly, the meatballs can be pork or chicken and flavoured with spices of your choice. Secondly, the vegetables can range from typical Asian crops to more commonly known vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, kale and broccoli. Keep in mind that seasonal vegetables are always a great choice as they are packed with intense flavours.
Asian Pork Meatball with Noodle Soup
For the meatballs
For the soup
- 120 gr fresh wheat noodles
- 750 ml pork or chicken clear stock
- 4-6 pcs baby pak choi
- 1 pc fresh large shiitake mushroom
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer over a medium heat with the quartered shiitake mushroom. Reduce the heat to low and let the flavours infuse.
Prepare the meatballs
- Combine all ingredients for the meatballs together and marinate for ½ hour.Divide the minced pork mixture into equal parcels and form the meatballs with your hand.
- Bring a large amount of water to the boil with a pinch of salt.Boil the pork meatballs and the pak choi for 3 minutes or until the meatballs float.
- Boil the wheat noodles for 2 minutes.
Serve the soup
- Arrange the boiled noodles, meatballs and pak choi in the serving bowl.Cover with the infused stock.
- Garnish the soup with the sliced spring onions, celery leaves and fresh bean sprouts.Serve the soup very hot with the chilli paste on the side.
- The flavour of the stock makes or breaks the dish, and it is important to have an intense taste.
- Bean sprouts can be served fresh or par-boiled.