Colourful Rainbow Winter Salad
A rainbow winter salad lights up any meal whatever season. Adding fennel and beets to this crunchy and colourful salad adds an extra unusual flavour. It is perfect as a quick healthy lunch or can be served as a side dish at dinner.
There is no magic needed to make it look pretty. Simply choose available and seasonal vegetables of different colours, slice them finely with the help of a mandoline slicer, and toss in a delicious vinaigrette.
This rainbow salad is ideal at one of your weeknight dinners or as a side dish for a special occasion!
Rainbow Winter Salad
A rainbow salad lights up any meal whatever season.
- 1 pc medium fennel bulb
- ½ pc courgette
- 1 pc Chioggia beet
- ¼ pc red onion
- 6 pcs pitted black olives
- 6 pcs pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp toasted pine seeds
- 1 pc segmented orange
For the dressing
- 40 ml tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 40 ml water
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp gr caster sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt or fleur de sel
- ½ tsp pink pepper
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes, then cool.
- Peel and cut the fennel bulb and Chioggia beet into paper thin slices. Place the vegetables in iced water for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut the courgette into sticks.
- Combine all ingredients and toss in the dressing.
- Placing thinly sliced vegetables in iced water will make them crispy. This is applicable for most of the root and tuber vegetables such as fennel, radish, carrot, daikon and beetroot.
Nutrition for 1 portion
Calories: 198kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1gFat: 21gSodium: 97mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 26IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #culinaryambition