A rainbow winter salad lights up any meal whatever season. Adding fennel and beets to this crunchy and colourful salad adds an extra unusual flavour. It is perfect as a quick healthy lunch or can be served as a side dish at dinner.
There is no magic needed to make it look pretty. Simply choose available and seasonal vegetables of different colours, slice them finely with the help of a mandoline slicer, and toss in a delicious vinaigrette.
This rainbow salad is ideal at one of your weeknight dinners or as a side dish for a special occasion!
Rainbow Winter Salad
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a saucepan and boil for 2 minutes, then cool.
- Peel and cut the fennel bulb and Chioggia beet into paper thin slices. Place the vegetables in iced water for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Cut the courgette into sticks.
- Combine all ingredients and toss in the dressing.
- Placing thinly sliced vegetables in iced water will make them crispy. This is applicable for most of the root and tuber vegetables such as fennel, radish, carrot, daikon and beetroot.