Good pork meat has a firm texture and a rich flavour. If you are looking for a juicy piece of meat, then today is your lucky day as this recipe gives you exactly that!
Pork is a very nice accompaniment to sweet ingredients such as fruits. During summer, a salad might be enough, but Brussels sprouts and squash will be more heartwarming during winter. A mushroom sauce will always finish this dish well.
A regular dinner or a special occasion, the marinade will turn this dish from simple comfort food into a feast.
Marinated pork medallion
- 600 gr pork loin 4x 150 gr
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 pieces garlic chopped cloves
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp basil freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil freshly chopped
- ½ tsp thyme freshly chopped
- ½ tsp rosemary freshly chopped
- chilli flakes
- Prepare the marinade by combining all ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and dried chili flakes.
- Add the pork loins into the marinade and rub all sides with the mixture. Rest the meat in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- To grill the pork; heat a skillet or an iron cast grill over a medium heat and sear the meat on both sides. Lower the heat and continue the cooking process until done.
- Rest the meat under thin foil before serving.
- Remove the medallions from the fridge 20 minutes before grilling the meat.
- Resting the meat will tenderize the fiber of the cooked meat.
- The fresher the herbs you use in the marinade the stronger and more intensive flavours you will get.