Thai coconut curry spinach soup is the perfect recipe for an abundance of seasonal spinach. This recipe has a tropical vibe, is easy to prepare, and a great way to use humble spinach!
Whatever the occasion, this Thai flavoured soup will awaken your taste buds! The green curry paste and chillies add a spicy kick, whereas the lemon or lime juice is responsible for the cooling after taste, making it perfect to consume on a warm summer day. The coconut milk balances the flavours of this easy to make soup.
What to serve spinach soup with?
This soup can easily be upgraded to become a full meal. Add strips of steamed chicken or pork to the soup or pan fry a handful of shrimps or prawns to serve on the side. We prefer to blend the mixture but feel free to leave it as it is and keep the spinach leaves whole to have more of a bite.
Adjust the spice level
It is possible to easily adjust the level of spiciness by reducing or increasing the amount of green curry paste. Additional chillies as a garnish are not essential and can be left out.
Thai Coconut Curry Spinach Soup
- Sweat the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and Thai curry paste and cook together for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Add the fresh spinach and green chilli and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes.
- Blend the spinach mixture and season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Pass the spinach soup through a sieve only if you like a silky-smooth texture.
- Serve hot with the garnish.