Grilled prawns with herbs
The particularity of this recipe is to marinate the prawns after grilling.
- 800 gr tiger prawns
- 1 pc lemon
For the marinade
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme
- Cayenne chilli pepper optional
Use a sharp knife to devein the prawns and cut a small line on the back of the tail to remove the black vein (prawn’s intestine).
After deveining the prawns, rinse them with cold water, this will ensure all leftovers of the intestines are gone.
Arrange the prawns on a towel and refrigerate.
Prepare the marinade:
Mix all ingredients and season to taste with salt, pepper, and Cayenne chilli pepper.
Heat the grill or the barbecue, arrange the prawns on top and cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
After grilling, toss the prawns in the marinade and serve with lemon wedges.
- The exact amount and selection of fresh herbs can change according to your taste and the availability.
- Do not overcook the prawns or peeling will be very difficult.
Calories: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 27gFat: 15gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 1132mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 361IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1mg