Grilled Prawns with Herb Marinade
Grilled prawns are delicious and today is a good day for this stress-free recipe.
The particularity of this recipe is to marinate the prawns after grilling. By using the marinade after grilling you will keep the fresh taste and flavours from the herbs, and reduce smoke.
Avoid preparing dry prawns by grilling them in the shell and this will guarantee juicy prawns. Keep the grill clean, especially if you plan to make multiple batches, to avoid burning and a bitter taste.
Serve with a mixed salad or some couscous to make it a delicious, refreshing meal.
Also read our other prawn recipes.
Grilled prawns with herbs
The particularity of this recipe is to marinate the prawns after grilling.
- 800 gr tiger prawns
- 1 pc lemon
For the marinade
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tsp freshly chopped thyme
- Cayenne chilli pepper optional
- Use a sharp knife to devein the prawns and cut a small line on the back of the tail to remove the black vein (prawn’s intestine).
- After deveining the prawns, rinse them with cold water, this will ensure all leftovers of the intestines are gone.
- Arrange the prawns on a towel and refrigerate.
Prepare the marinade:
- Mix all ingredients and season to taste with salt, pepper, and Cayenne chilli pepper.
- Heat the grill or the barbecue, arrange the prawns on top and cook for 4-5 minutes before flipping over and cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- After grilling, toss the prawns in the marinade and serve with lemon wedges.
- The exact amount and selection of fresh herbs can change according to your taste and the availability.
- Do not overcook the prawns or peeling will be very difficult.
Nutrition for 1 portion
Calories: 256kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 27gFat: 15gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 1132mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 361IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #culinaryambition