Fresh Homemade Cannelloni
In Italian cuisine cannelloni are a type of lasagna in a cylindrical form with a delicious filling and covered by a sauce.
- 8 pcs rectangles 10 x 12 cm of fresh egg pasta dough
- 200 ml tomato sauce
- 300 ml Bechamel sauce
- 20 gr finely grated parmesan cheese
For the filling
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 100 gr smoked lardons
- 300 gr chopped bok choy
- 300 gr chopped fresh spinach
- 300 gr sliced rosette bok choy or kale
- 300 gr minced pork
Prepare the filling
In a large skillet pan or cocotte, sauté the garlic, ginger and lardons with a drizzle of oil over a medium heat until fragrant.
Add all green leaves, increase the heat and quickly cook and stir all together for 4-5 minutes until the water is completely evaporated. Remove from the stove, season to taste and cool down.
Finish the filling by combining the green leaves with the minced pork and season taste.
Prepare the pasta
Bring a large amount of water with salt to boil and blanch the fresh pasta rectangles for 3 minutes. Allow the pasta to cool and pat dry.
Arrange the blanched pasta on your workstation and divide the filling equally.
Make rolls to make the cannelloni.
Pour the cold tomato sauce in a baking tin.
Arrange the cannelloni in the tomato sauce, seam side down and cover with the bechamel sauce.
Sprinkle the grated parmesan on top and bake 160°C for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- The size of the fresh pasta rectangles depends on the size of your baking tin.
- The filling mixture can also be used for a succulent patty or burger.
Calories: 482kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 18gFat: 43gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 530mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 10645IUVitamin C: 59mgCalcium: 230mgIron: 4mg