Easy to make vegetable soup
It is one of the most comforting meals and suits every season as all available vegetables are good to use.
- 1 pc carrot
- 1 pc potato
- 1 pc turnip or daikon
- 1 pc celery stalk
- ¼ pc Chinese cabbage
- 1 pc small broccoli
- 1 pc small cauliflower
- 1 pc garlic clove
- 2 pcs shallots or 1 small onion
- 60 gr sliced snow peas
- 60 gr green peas
- 1200 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Fresh coriander
Prepare and cut all vegetables into bite sized pieces first.
Sweat the shallots, garlic, carrot and celery for 3-4 minutes over a medium to low heat until soft. Add a pinch of salt.
Add the stock and bring to the boil.
Add the potatoes, turnips, cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the cauliflower, broccoli, and peas and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until tender and cooked. All vegetables should still be slightly firm but not mushy.
Season to taste.
- Sweating or to ‘suer’ the first vegetables helps to soften them and enhance their flavour.
- A small pinch of salt at the beginning of the cooking process builds more flavour than adding it at the end.
- Do not overcook the vegetables and preserve the natural and vibrant colours.
- If the vegetables are mushy then blend the vegetables to obtain a great mixed creamy soup.
Calories: 128kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 9gFat: 4gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 431mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 331IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 1mg