Warm or cold, a good classic meatloaf doesn't need extra toppings.
- 1 kg minced pork
- 2 pcs eggs
- 70 gr chopped onion
- 10 gr chopped garlic cloves
- 30 gr diced sweet chilies
- 2 pcs diced red chilies
- 20 gr chopped flat parsley
- 80 gr breadcrumbs
- 120 ml white wine dry
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 gr salt
- 2 gr white ground pepper
Cook the onion with 1 tbsp of olive oil over a medium to low heat until translucent.
Add the garlic, cook for a minute and remove from the stove to cool down.
In a large mixing bowl soak the breadcrumbs with the white wine.
Add all ingredients to the bowl and combine well by hand.
Shape and arrange the meatloaf and put onto a baking sheet or into a tin.
Bake the meatloaf for 15 minutes in a preheated oven of 180°C, then lower the temperature to 160°C and bake for another 45 minutes.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- This meatloaf mixture can be used to stuff peppers and tomatoes, as well as for shepherd's pie and bolognese sauce.
- Chilies are optional and can be replaced by red and green peppers which are essential for flavour and colour.
Calories: 524kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 30gFat: 36gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 1285mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 340IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg