Grilled Mediterranean lamb chops
True lamb lovers often choose chops as it is known to be the most tender part!
For the marinade
- 1 pc lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 pcs chopped garlic cloves
For the green yogurt sauce
- 50 gr chopped onion
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 150 gr green pepper 1 pc
- ¼ tsp ras el hanout
- 15 gr fresh mint leaves
- 15 gr fresh coriander leaves
- 80 gr Greek yogurt
- 15 ml olive oil
- Green tabasco
Prepare the green sauce:
Remove the skin and the seeds from the pepper and slice into long strips.
Sweat the onion, garlic, and green pepper with the ras el hanout and cook under cover and for 6-8 minutes or until soft and tender.
Transfer the cooked mixture to a blender and add fresh mint, coriander and the Greek yogurt.
Blend to a smooth texture and season to taste with salt, pepper and green tabasco.
- You can use fresh or dry herbs for the marinade. When using dry herbs, add 1 tbsp of water to rehydrate the dried herbs.
- The cooking time for the meat may vary as per the thickness of the lamb, however, 6-8 minutes seems to be a good time for a rosé (medium) lamb.
- “Ras el hanout” is originally from the Maghreb region in Africa, it is a blend consisting of over a dozen spices such as cardamom, cumin, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, chili, coriander, peppercorn, paprika….. ·
Calories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 4gFat: 11gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 15mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 635IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 1mg