Choo Chee Curry with Monkfish
Choo Chee curry has a complex balance of flavours with a punch.
- 500 gr monkfish fillet cut into cubes
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or coconut sugar
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 pcs julienned red long chilis
- 3 pcs julienned kaffir leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves
Sauté the monkfish cubes over high heat in coconut oil for 2 minutes. Remove the fish from the pan, keep aside.
Use the same pan to stir-fry the chili paste until fragrant, add the fish sauce, sugar and coconut milk and reduce until the sauce is very thick.
Add ¾ of the julienned red chilis and kaffir leaves.
Add the monkfish cubes to the sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes until the fish is tender. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Transfer the Choo Chee curry into a serving dish, and sprinkle the remaining chilis, kaffir leaves and the fresh coriander leaves on top.
- You can substitute with any other vegetable oil if you don’t have coconut oil but the flavour will be slightly different.
Calories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 19gFat: 13gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 389mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1232IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 2mg