Stir fried veal strips with broccoli
A wok is the best tool for making fast and flavourful meals.
- 200 gr veal or beef strips
- 1 pc broccoli (500 gr)
- 1 pc sliced shallot
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 2 pcs sliced chilis
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2-3 tbsp coarsely chopped pistachios
Cut all the florets from the broccoli and peel the stems.
Use a wok to sauté the shallots, chili, garlic and ginger with some oil until fragrant.
Add the veal strips, sprinkle a little salt and sauté for a short time. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
Add the broccoli to the wok with ½ glass of water and place a lid on the pan. Cook the broccoli until tender but still crisp.
Once the water has evaporated, add the pistachios and the sautéed veal and stir for a short time.
Check the final seasoning and serve.
- You can add soy sauce or oyster sauce if you like to add Asian flavours.
- The amount of chili and ginger depends on your liking.
- Substitute the pistachios with sesame seeds, hazelnuts or almond slices.
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 23gFat: 13gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 84mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 38IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg