Asparagus wrapped in ham and served on a layer of béchamel sauce is perfect as a side dish or a starter. It is a classic recipe which can be prepared in advance, and you can place it last minute in the oven to warm.
Select a decent quality of prosciutto or Parma ham, or as we use in Belgium, Ghanda ham, and add grated Parmesan cheese if you like, but be aware that the saltiness of the ham might be enough without adding extra from the Parmesan.
White asparagus wrapped in ham
- Peel the asparagus if needed and cut the stalks into even lengths. Boil the asparagus
- Wrap with the ham slices.
- Place the asparagus wraps on a layer of bechamel sauce. Add some cheese to your liking.
- Place in the oven for 5-10 minutes to warm the whole and serve
- The total cooking time depends on the thickness of the asparagus spears.