Are you new to spiralizing? Spiralizing means turning vegetables or fruits into ‘noodles’. It’s a different way of cutting vegetables and the process is easy. Turning vegetables into beautiful ‘pasta’ makes eating them more appealing! Avocados are healthy and in season now, so we have an extra reason to finish this dish with a healthy sauce.
Our spiralizer machine has been part of the family for a few years now and we’ve even named her. Together with ‘Julietta’, we have created plenty of veggie noodles recipes.
Are you ready for more vegetables? Get yourself a spiralizer and get started! Invite your kids to help, they will love it.
Veggie noodles with avocado coconut sauce
- 2 pcs carrots
- 2 pcs courgettes
- 2 pcs turnips
- 2 pcs marrows
- 2 pcs fresh chilli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 2 pcs avocado ripe (240 gr)
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 pcs garlic cloves chopped
- 20 gr fresh coriander
- Spiralize the courgettes and the marrow. Toss them with a pinch of salt and place in a colander to release the water. Meanwhile finish spiralizing the carrots and turnips.
- Stir fry all spiralized vegetables separately in some olive oil over a medium to low heat. Transfer to a colander when al dente.
- For the sauce, blend all ingredients together to obtain a velvety texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a pan and warm the sauce before adding the veggie noodles. Add the chopped chilli and fresh herbs to decorate.
- You can choose to use only 1 kind of vegetable. When using only courgettes or zucchini the dish is called zoodles.