Sweet potato with crunchy peanut butter may sound unusual but the pairing of both ingredients is simply divine, especially if you are a fan of crunchy peanut butter.
The easiest way to prepare this dish is to roast the sweet potatoes and then top with peanut butter just before serving. We want to elevate this basic recipe and take it to the next level by combining these two delicious ingredients. Roasted peanuts add extra flavour and texture to these silky mashed sweet potatoes.
This recipe is now on our list of favourites and not only is it unique, but it is also tasty, contains healthy fibres and proteins and counts as a portion of vegetables.
Be aware that cooking sweet potatoes with a small amount of water requires special attention. It is easy to burn them, but to avoid this use a heavy bottom saucepan and stir the mixture regularly.
Related: Other side dishes.
Mashed sweet Potato with Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potato, ginger, water and a good drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft and tender, stir occasionally.
- Use a food processor to puree the cooked sweet potato until silky and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and blend together. Season to taste.
- Before boiling, keep the sweet potatoes in cold water to avoid oxidation.