Easy No Cook Strawberry Coulis
Strawberry coulis is a glossy, bright red sauce bursting with flavour. It is the perfect sauce to finish desserts such as panna cotta, pavlova, ice cream or a cake.
Raw or cooked strawberry coulis?
In our recipe, the strawberries are uncooked which means this coulis must be consumed immediately or preferably within a day. If you prefer to make the coulis in advance and preserve for a few days simply simmer the sauce for three minutes and store in the fridge.
Related: Strawberry pie filling and strawberry coconut panna cotta
Strawberry coulis is a glossy, bright red sauce bursting with flavour. It is the perfect sauce to finish desserts
- 450 gr fresh strawberries
- 150 gr caster sugar
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 L water
Wash the strawberries
- Gently wash the strawberries in lots of water with a dash of vinegar.
- Drain and pat the fruit dry on a kitchen towel.
- Remove the pedicels from the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Bring 150 ml water and the sugar to the boil to make a syrup.
Prepare the coulis
- Place the quartered strawberries, lemon juice and sugar syrup into a blender.
- Blend to a puree and pass through a sieve.
- Transfer the strawberry coulis in a jar and cool.
Nutrition for 1 portion
Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSodium: 19mgFiber: 1gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 7IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #culinaryambition