Yesterday we didn’t have a lot of time, so we chose to wok veal strips as it is quick to prepare and you still get a great serving of proteins and vegetables! We never have to think for too long as we have had enough inspiration throughout our years of living in Asia.
Veal is usually lean and healthier than beef. It is also a little more expensive due to the size of the animal and the small amount of meat that can be sold.
A wok is the best tool for making fast and flavourful meals. It is a commonly found utensil in home kitchens around the world so we are confident most people know how to use one.
Stir fried veal strips with broccoli
- 200 gr veal or beef strips
- 1 pc broccoli (500 gr)
- 1 pc sliced shallot
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 2 pcs sliced chilis
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2-3 tbsp coarsely chopped pistachios
- Cut all the florets from the broccoli and peel the stems.
- Use a wok to sauté the shallots, chili, garlic and ginger with some oil until fragrant.
- Add the veal strips, sprinkle a little salt and sauté for a short time. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
- Add the broccoli to the wok with ½ glass of water and place a lid on the pan. Cook the broccoli until tender but still crisp.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the pistachios and the sautéed veal and stir for a short time.
- Check the final seasoning and serve.
- You can add soy sauce or oyster sauce if you like to add Asian flavours.
- The amount of chili and ginger depends on your liking.
- Substitute the pistachios with sesame seeds, hazelnuts or almond slices.