Yesterday we didn’t have a lot of time, so we chose to wok veal strips as it is quick to prepare and you still get a great serving of proteins and vegetables! We never have to think for too long as we have had enough inspiration throughout our years of living in Asia.
A wok is the best tool for making fast and flavourful meals. It is a commonly found utensil in home kitchens around the world so we are confident most people know how to use one.
Stir fried veal strips with broccoli
- 200 gr veal or beef strips
- 1 pc broccoli (500 gr)
- 1 pc sliced shallot
- 2 pcs chopped garlic cloves
- 2 pcs sliced chilis
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2-3 tbsp coarsely chopped pistachios
- Cut all the florets from the broccoli and peel the stems.
- Use a wok to sauté the shallots, chili, garlic and ginger with some oil until fragrant.
- Add the veal strips, sprinkle a little salt and sauté for a short time. Remove from the wok and keep aside.
- Add the broccoli to the wok with ½ glass of water and place a lid on the pan. Cook the broccoli until tender but still crisp.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the pistachios and the sautéed veal and stir for a short time.
- Check the final seasoning and serve.
- You can add soy sauce or oyster sauce if you like to add Asian flavours.
- The amount of chili and ginger depends on your liking.
- Substitute the pistachios with sesame seeds, hazelnuts or almond slices.