Not everyone is into Asian flavours and that is fine, but because we think that fresh spring rolls are just perfect healthy snacks, we don’t want anyone to miss out on them.
So, we created a European version with salmon to please everyone’s taste buds.
The spicy Asian dip sauces are substituted with herbal chimichurri and a regular cocktail sauce.
Fresh spring rolls with salmon carpaccio
For the dressing
- 120 ml chimichurri dressing
- 120 ml cocktail sauce
- Flatten each salmon fillet into “carpaccio” by brushing some oil on the salmon before placing it between 2 cling film sheets. Gently hammer the salmon flat.
- Boil the vermicelli noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Drain the water.
- Fill a large bowl with lukewarm water and dip one rice paper into the water for a few seconds to soften.
- Place the softened rice paper on a damp kitchen towel on a flat surface. Layer the salmon carpaccio and the lettuce leaf first on the wrapper.
- Add the shredded vegetables and fresh herbs on top, leaving 3cm on each side of the rice paper uncovered.
- Roll the paper around the ingredients until half way, then fold in the sides and finish the wrapping. Repeat this with all rice wrappers.
- Replace the salmon with cooked prawn tails, crabmeat, shredded chicken meat…
- Do not over-stuff the spring rolls, ⅓ of filling for the size of your rice paper is enough.
- The more rotation of rice paper you have, the better the fresh spring roll will hold.