It is that time of year where pumpkins are screaming at you and it is impossible to get away from them.
Spiced pumpkin pancakes are a different way to cook these giants and the best part of making pancakes is you can choose to make them sweet or choose to make savoury pancakes. The second-best thing is the festive feeling that comes with pancakes. As a child, I remember we always had them for birthday parties, special Sunday breakfasts or other special occasions.
Depending on if you will have them as a snack, breakfast or as canapés you can adjust the amount of pumpkin spice. Don’t rush to the shop but make them yourself, it’s easy and you most probably have all ingredients already at home.
This particular recipe is made without baking soda or/and baking powder, and it is the whipped egg white that makes the pancakes fluffy.
If you want a gluten-free version, replace the all-purpose flour with oat flour or buckwheat flour.
Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Combine the flour with the cream, whole eggs, egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the freshly chopped herbs.
- Gently fold in the whipped egg white and season to taste.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and cook the pancake on both sides for 2 minutes.
- Serve with some pumpkin puree on the side and the toasted pecan nuts.
- You can also choose to make larger pancakes, this recipe will make about 12.