A great way to make a delicious pasta dish into an impressive dinner is to prepare the sauce, pasta and garnish ‘from scratch’ and add a touch of indulgence.
Everyone will agree a combination of pasta and seafood is a winning dish. We sourced a beautiful variety of fresh clams which we cooked simply with some white wine. We used some of the jus to make a light cream sauce which makes a perfect seafood linguine pasta dish.
The Imperial caviar has a large sized egg with a delicate but intense almond cream flavour and undertones of black trumpet mushrooms. These well-rounded eggs present like jewels in a crown and are the perfect final touch to this dish.
Fresh seafood linguine with caviar
For the fresh pasta dough
- 120 gr plain flour
- 1 pc egg (50gr)
- 1 pc egg yolk (20gr)
- 1 pinch of salt
For the sauce
- 120 ml seashell stock
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml cream
- ¼ lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cold butter
For the garnish
- 24 pcs clams meat
- 12 pcs razor clams meat dices
- 1 pc tin of caviar
Prepare the pasta dough
- Combine all ingredients to obtain a hard dough, wrap in cling film and rest it at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Prepare the sauce
- Bring the seashell stock, vegetable stock and cream to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and season to taste before cooking again until the sauce has thickened.
- Finish with a knob of butter.
Form the pasta
- Laminate the fresh pasta dough into sheets of 20×10 cm and cut them into linguine.
- Place the freshly cut linguine on a floured surface before boiling in a large amount of salted water for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally until the pasta starts to float.
- Drain and refresh immediately.
Finish the dish
- Reheat the seashell meat and the fresh linguine in the cream sauce, and season to taste.
- Add the caviar on top.
- The sauce must coat the back of a tablespoon.