Salmon is a fish dish, featured on every health guru’s menu. There are plenty of recipes with this ingredient but none are difficult because salmon doesn’t need a lot of work to make it delicious.
Wild salmon is born in rivers. After a few years they swim to the ocean where they live until their return to the ‘birth river’ where they spawn.
There is however a huge demand worldwide and now most of the salmon we consume is farmed
No matter how popular this ingredient is, it always gives a gourmet touch to your aperitif or dinner. Its diversity makes it possible to come up with an entire salmon menu.
Today we will stick with an aperitif. It’s a cosy moment to share good stories and meanwhile a great occasion to degustate delicious finger food! Have it with some toast or serve it on cucumber for a more refreshing bite.
This recipe is created for Champagne en Wijnen De Blender.
- 150 gr raw salmon
- 1 pc lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- Place the salmon, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil in a bowl.
- Seal the bowl with some cling film and microwave for 4 minutes (800W).
- When the salmon is cooked, mash the mixture with a fork or in a food processor and cool before adding the mayonnaise and the freshly chopped dill.
- Adjust the thickness of the salmon mousse with a dash of cold water if necessary. Season to taste and refrigerate.
- Mayonnaise can be replaced with cream cheese, creamy goats’ cheese or full fat yoghurt.