Call it a salad or a fruit platter with cheese… one thing is for sure; this is a refreshing dish which fits onto a menu as a starter or a side dish.
Goat cheese is delicious, and it is recommended in certain diets because of the good fatty acids it contains. The creaminess contrasts the softness of the fruit and the dried mint adds the final touch to this dish.
Read on to find out how to make your own dried mint powder.
Minted Goat Cheese Salad
- 1 pc fresh goat cheese log (100 gr)
- 3 tbsp dried mint powder
- ½ pc cantaloupe melon
- 2 pcs cured ham slices
- Fresh berries
- Fresh bean sprouts
- Cayenne chili pepper
- Make small balls from the fresh cheese log. Coat them with the dried mint powder.
- Cut the cantaloupe into the same size as the cheese. Cut the cured ham into large strips.
- Arrange the cantaloupe, fresh berries, beansprouts, and ham in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cayenne chili pepper to season the fruit salad and place the cheese pearls on top.