Pomegranate salsa with its Christmas colours and refreshing taste is simply the festive season in a bowl!
This salsa will impress your guests and is easily prepared in advance. It’s stress-free and while it only takes minutes to prepare it is the perfect appetizer or a great side dish with fish or red meats.
How to open a pomegranate?
Many shops will do the job for you and sell the pomegranate arils in cups, but you will no doubt pay a more expensive price. The fruit is the size of a tennis ball, and we are after the aril gems on the inside. It might look as though it will be tricky and messy to get them released from the casing, but really it is very easy, clean, and quick. Check out our video with step by steps instructions showing how to open a pomegranate.
Other uses of pomegranate
- Homemade grenadine
- Pomegranate tuna salad
- Pomegranate glaze
- Yoghurt parfait with pomegranate
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl to make an easy vinaigrette.
- Add the pomegranate, tomato concassé, chopped herbs, shallots, green chili, and toss well in the vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- Refrigerate the salsa for 30 minutes before serving.
- Add fresh mint or orange zest to personalise this delicious pomegranate salsa.