As we have already shared our recipe for pan fried crispy polenta cake, today’s recipe is a straightforward amalgamation of this side dish with roasted tomatoes and mozzarella to make a delicious meal ideal for a lunch on a sunny summer’s day!
Pan-fried Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes and Mozzarella Pearls
The polenta with roasted tomatoes and mozzarella to make a delicious meal ideal for a lunch on a sunny summer’s day!
EQUIPMENT (click pictures for details)
- Pan-fried polenta (see recipe)
Prepare the polenta (see recipe).
Prepare the tomatoes
- Gently wash the grape tomatoes and place into an oiled baking pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Snip the tomatoes with scissors or cross with the tip of a knife to avoid them bursting.
- Bake the tomatoes at 180°C for 6-8 minutes.
Finish the dish
- Mash 4 to 5 tomatoes with the olive oil and a pinch of salt until they form a puree.
- Arrange 2 polenta cakes on a plate with the roasted grape tomatoes on the side.
- Drizzle the tomato puree, pesto sauce and balsamic syrup around the plate with a few mozzarella pearls.
Nutrition for 1 portion
Calories: 392kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 13gFat: 26gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 306mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1674IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 226mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #culinaryambition