There are endless varieties of cherry tomatoes and they come in a multitude of sizes and colours with each having their own name. A few to name are Heirloom, cocktail, Roma, and these cherry tomatoes all have one thing in common; they are firm, thin, and smooth-skinned, and when in season, perfect for a refreshing salad.
The smell of ripe tomatoes is sweet and brings summer onto your plate! This easy mixed tomato salad can be customized with any variety of tomatoes. Any light dressing will complement the freshness and deep flavour of the mixed tomatoes.
Also read our other salad recipes.
Mixed Tomato Salad with Mozzarella
- 400 gr mixed tomatoes
- 200 gr mozzarella pearls in water
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ml red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Wash and pat dry the tomatoes and cut them lengthwise. Drain the water from the fresh mozzarella pearls.
- Arrange all tomatoes in a salad bowl with the mozzarella pearls and refrigerate for an hour. Drizzle the olive oil and red wine vinegar just before serving and add basil leaves.