Have you ever looked at cauliflower as a gem?
We had some requests for healthy, no guilt, cheese sauce options and are happy to share this light but delicious version with you!
Besides the health benefits of cauliflower, it being a good source of vitamin C, fibre, antioxidants and plenty of other micronutrients, it is also tasty and versatile!
This cauliflower cheese sauce is light but cheesy, and it works perfectly as a cream sauce for your next ‘mac n cheese’ or grated vegetables.
Also read our other vegetarian recipes.
Healthy Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
EQUIPMENT (click pictures for details)
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until it’s cooked and tender. Keep some of the cooking water.
- Use a blender to mix the cooked cauliflower with the milk, 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Adjust the thickness of the sauce with extra milk or cooking water if necessary.
- You can substitute the coconut milk for almond milk or skimmed milk.
- Cheese choices can vary. Comté and grated cheddar are also options.