The kitchen is the heart of the home.
How often do you invite friends over and everyone ends up in the kitchen? It happens to us all the time and we love it. The chef of the evening can easily join the party! It is usually also a time to share a few recipes, which is always a win! (yes, our friends also still inspire us with their cooking ideas)!
We’re happy to share a few hints and tips to make your cooking experience more fun without stress.
- The first and most important decision to know is obvious but not always easy for many; decide what you would like to cook! Don’t wait until the last minute to choose and don’t make last minute changes either.
- If you are experienced, you probably have a recipe in mind and will sort all the necessities in no time. If you are a beginner or you rather rely on a recipe… keep reading.
- Read the recipe all the way through and make a market list with all the ingredients you don’t have in stock at home. Enjoy the shopping!
- Before starting to cook, read the recipe again. Make sure you understand all the culinary terms and notice how much time you need for the preparation and the cooking as well as how many portions you can make with the recipe.
- You will need to get your head around the timings. As for the culinary terms, calling a friend could be fun, you could use Google and you can also check our social media accounts or our ‘Culinary terms’ checklist.
- Organise your ingredients and equipment and have everything within reach. Prepare, measure and get as many ingredients as possible in advance and ready to use before you start cooking. It will always make your cooking less stressful.
- For those who have a habit of running late in general… add 15 minutes or more to the preparation times indicated.
- If possible, involve family and friends. The workload is lessened and it’s more fun! Just remember, it’s not the party yet…this is only the preparation!
- Is your kitchen ready and clean? Create a kitchen where you get a good feeling, make it cosy and fashionable, make it yours! For this cooking session, prepare a note pad, pencil, some music and a coffee or a glass of wine…make sure you feel comfortable and relaxed but not too relaxed…
- Be certain to follow the instructions to the letter when cooking for the first time.
- During cooking, be careful not to over season. You can always add more ingredients but you can’t take them out. There are no helplines available here.
- If something is not working the way you expected, just start again and keep smiling. ???? Learn from your mistakes, all great chefs started where you are now!
- Enjoy the experience and share your dishes! #culinaryambition
Cooking is like a sport, the more you practice the better you get!
This article is featured on Danvillesocial.com