There is most definitely a different soup for each day of the year but we still have times where we want something different!
This fennel zucchini soup is a surprisingly refreshing combination, easy to make, and refined enough to wow your guests.
The aroma of the fennel is still pronounced with a taste of aniseed but softened by the zucchini which also works as a thickening agent.
The perfect way to appreciate fennel in a different way. Bon Appétit!
Fennel Zucchini Soup
- 1 pc fennel bulb
- ½ pc courgette
- ¼ pc chopped yellow onion
- 2 pcs garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Olive oil
- ¾ L vegetable stock
- Cut the fennel bulb and the courgette into dices or slices. Keep some nice fennel slices and courgette dices to garnish the soup.
- Sauté the chopped onion with the olive oil over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent, add the garlic, thyme and a pinch of salt and cook for one more minute.
- Add the fennel and courgette, stir to combine and add the vegetable stock and the red chili. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Season the soup to taste and blend the vegetables to a smooth texture.
- Sauté the remaining courgette and fennel in olive oil until tender but still a bit crunchy to garnish.