Easy to Make Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup made from scratch with fresh pumpkin and only 3 other ingredients is easy, fast and super delicious. You can choose to make the soup thick or thin, but this recipe will always be creamy silky and full of flavour and no doubt will become your favourite pumpkin soup recipe.
We make this soup with homemade pumpkin puree but this recipe also works with canned puree, which is especially great when you make this dish out of the pumpkin season. The most important point is to keep the balance of the natural flavours and let the pumpkin be the hero of the dish without using an overload of seasoning.
This said, the unusual addition of orange juice will surprise you, but you will soon see how refreshing this is, and it makes the soup lighter.
What pumpkins are good for soup
The harder varieties such as butternut and Queensland blue will be less watery compared with soft fleshed pumpkins. Choose to make a roast pumpkin puree from it and your soup will be dense and intense in flavour.
Other hearty autumn soups
- 400 gr roasted pumpkin puree
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml orange juice
- 50 ml Cream
For the garnish
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1 tbsp Cream
- Bread croutons
- Bring the orange juice to the boil and reduce by half.
- Add the vegetable stock and cream and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the roasted pumpkin puree and bring to the boil again, once it thickened continue whisking and season to taste.
- Garnish with the croutons, pumpkin seeds and drizzle the cream around.
- Vegetable stock can be replaced with chicken stock for non-vegetarians