Are you looking for light and refreshing appetisers or a different option to serve for your light lunch or an afternoon snack? These bitesize cucumber cups with salmon should definitely be chosen. They are the perfect healthy finger food because the presentation is fun, colourful, tasty, and they are easy to make. You can even make a selection and customise them with your favourite fillings.
Make this recipe one day in advance and keep in the fridge and add the filling shortly before the guests arrive. The best benefit is that cucumbers are the serving cups so there is no washing up after the party 🙂
How to make cucumber cups?
Choose small size cucumbers if available and slice into discs. If you like your cucumber cups to look extra cute, you can first make a pattern in the skin with the use of a vegetable peeler. Use a Parisian scoop or melon baller to scoop out a little of the centre of each disc without cutting a hole.
- Cucumber cups with cherry salsa
- Cucumber cups with tuna filling
- Cucumber bruschetta cups
- Greek salad cucumber cups
Cucumber Cups with Salmon
- Wash and cut the cucumbers in discs. Scoop out the middle of the discs with a melon baller.
- Combine the salmon with the onions and the olives and chopped fresh herbs.
- Add the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cucumber cups and pipe a little cream cheese on top to garnish.