Crunchy Crusted Nacho Pumpkin Wedges
Pumpkin nachos are well known and a great seasonal special that brings variety to the table and at the same time a great option for vegetarians. We chose to airfry the wedges to keep the recipe lighter and healthier.
We take a different approach to this recipe as after crushing the nachos to crumble, we coat the pumpkin wedges with it to make them really crunchy on the outside. The inside is still soft and naturally sweet and when garnished with a drizzle of soft cream cheese, it is perfect as a Halloween appetiser.
It is easy to make and you will surprise your guests with this orange looking snack which fits the season perfectly! The pumpkin spice mix is widely available in stores but you can also make your own version.
Crusted Nachos Pumpkin Wedges
Pumpkin nachos are well known and a great seasonal special that brings variety to the table and at the same time a great option for vegetarians.
- 650 gr pink banana pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 tbsp Homemade pumpkin spice mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp corn flour or fine polenta
- 2 pcs whole eggs
- 1 pkt Cheese Doritos
Roast the pumpkin
- Cut off the skin and remove the seeds and divide the pumpkin into equal wedges.
- Season the pumpkin wedges with salt, pepper, pumpkin spice mix and drizzle a bit of olive oil.
- Bake the wedges at 180°C for 20 minutes or until soft but not mushy.Remove from the oven and cool.
Prepare the coating mix
- Arrange three plates, one with corn flour, one with beaten egg and 2 tbsp of cold water, and the last one with crumbled nacho crisps.
- Coat the pumpkin by passing them first in the corn flour, the egg wash and lastly in the nacho crumbs.
- Roast the coated pumpkin in the oven at 180°C for another 15 minutes.
- Serve the crusted pumpkin hot.
- Drizzle some soft cream cheese on top of the crusted pumpkin.
Nutrition for 1 portion
Calories: 137kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 2gFat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 9mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 17276IUVitamin C: 34mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was! #culinaryambition