If we can’t go to Greece, we’ll bring a part of Greece to our table with this essential dip or spread!
Tzatziki is made with yoghurt, drained cucumber, fresh herbs, garlic and lemon juice. It’s so refreshing it can be eaten for breakfast to dinner. Variations of the traditional tzatziki are popular in all Mediterranean countries as well as in the Middle East but it might be named differently.
It is a great refreshing dressing served alongside some juicy grilled meat, and we also appreciate it with fresh tomatoes and some veggie sticks. Don’t forget that using it as a spread with flatbread or serving it with delicious stone fruits are a few other possibilities.
It can’t get any easier, since tzatziki is healthy, and fits in with any dish that needs a rich and creamy but refreshing touch.
Keep it ready in the fridge, we have a delicious lamb dish coming your way and it will taste divine with this dip.
- 200 gr Greek yoghurt
- ½ pc cucumber
- 100 gr fresh mint
- 1 pc garlic clove chopped
- 1 cl lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Olive oil optional
- Cut the cucumber in a fine julienne or grate it.
- Sprinkle it with salt and leave it for 15 minutes to extract the water.
- Squeeze the water out of the cucumber.
- Combine with all the other ingredients.
- Stir gently with a spoon and decorate with some olives and slices of cucumber.