Chocolate chip cherry blondies are not for you if you are on a diet! They are straightforward to make, tasty, rich, and incredibly addictive once baked. It is simply impossible to only have one at a time and a sugar rush is inevitable.
Brown sugar is a main ingredient together with butter which keeps the blondies extra soft and very moist. The chocolate chips add some texture and an extra addictive punch. Oh, and there are of course plenty of unpitted cherries in this recipe, which add juiciness and freshness.
Are frozen cherries good to use?
We prefer fresh cherries, especially when in season. It is a little more work to pit them but fresh is always better! When baking this out of season, you can surely use frozen cherries. Don’t thaw them and fold them directly into the batter right before pouring the blondie mixture in a baking tin. You might have to add some extra baking time. Use a toothpick to check the doneness. We like it juicy and slightly fudgy so we don’t mind if some of the mixture remains stuck to the toothpick. If you like the texture to be more like a cake, leave it a little longer in the oven.
What is the difference between blondies and brownies?
The big difference is in the ingredients. A brownie is made with cocoa and granulated sugar while blondies are made with brown sugar. The taste differs also as brownies are more chocolatey whereas blondies are somehow fresher on the pallet.
Other recipes with fresh cherries
Addictive Chocolate Chip Cherry Blondie
- Start making the “noisette” butter over a low heat.
- Use an electric whisk to combine the noisette butter and the light brown sugar.
- Add the whole egg, vanilla and flour until the batter mix is smooth.
- With a flexible spatula, gently fold in the fleur de sel, fresh cherries and chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lay parchment paper in a baking tin and transfer the blondie cherry mixture into it. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check the doneness of the cake with a bamboo toothpick and allow it to cool down for 60 minutes.
- Cut the chocolate chip cherry blondie cake into small squares.Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Noisette butter, also called brown butter, is made by cooking butter enough to evaporate the water and turn the milk solids to a golden-brown colour.
- The baking time may vary with the thickness of the blondie cake mixture.