The clear and crisp look of this champagne jelly delivers a sophisticated and chic dessert.
Pink champagne or sparkling wine is the basis for this quick and simple recipe.
To make it look really posh and royal, serve it in individual champagne or margarita glasses. It is important to let the jelly set properly in between each layer of fruit to give the illusion the red berries are floating in the champagne.
Are you ready to impress your friends, have a chic dinner with your partner or just enjoy a different way to eat delicious berries? This is your opportunity!
Also read about our other desserts.
Champagne Jelly with Red Berries
For the garnish
- Soak the gelatin sheets in iced water until soft.
- Bring the water with the sugar to the boil to make a syrup.
- Dissolve the soaked and pressed gelatin sheets in the syrup.
- Add the Champagne to the syrup and let it set aside until the liquid has thickened by half.
Prepare the glasses
- Pour a small amount of the Champagne jelly in the glass and place in the fridge until completely set.
- Arrange a few berries on top and cover with Champagne jelly, refrigerate until set.
- Repeat this operation until the glass is filled.
- Garnish with red berries on top before serving.
- If you prefer to use Champagne brut, you may increase the amount of sugar.
- The process of making the jelly is easy but time is required to fill the glasses layer by layer.