If you are wanting to increase your vegetable intake, cut out carbs, or if you are just interested in trying something new, this cauliflower risotto is perfect for you!
Although it will never replace a traditional risotto, this cauliflower risotto is a lighter, healthier version and it is less delicate to prepare.
You can easily make cauliflower rice at home but nowadays it is also premade and available at supermarkets. Using prepared cauliflower rice means this dish is even quicker to assemble.
Today we keep it as a full vegetarian option but it can easily be served as a side dish with grilled chicken or other proteins. Read also our other vegetarian recipes.
EQUIPMENT (click pictures for details)
- 1 pc cauliflower
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 pc lemongrass
- 1 pc red chili julienned
- 5 pcs kaffir leaves
- 150 gr green peas
- 1 pc lime juiced
- Place the cauliflower in the food processor and use the pulse function to make crumbs.
- Cook the cauliflower, crushed lemongrass and kaffir leaves in coconut oil over low heat for 5-6 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the green peas and chilies, stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut milk and the lime juice and continue cooking until the cauliflower is soft.
- Season to taste before serving.