The title explains exactly what this dish is all about. We are currently very busy people, as no doubt are most of you, so we all need some quick recipes that can be partially prepared in advance and don’t require a lot of attention while cooking.
This is most probably the easiest recipe we know to prepare baked chicken legs. Rub the legs with the spices and pop them in the oven over the baby potatoes. The entire dinner will be cooked together in one tray.
During baking, the smell of the spices will spread whilst this mouthwatering dinner is cooking. You are definitely allowed to eat chicken legs with your hands which makes it a finger-licking dish!
Just writing about this dish already brings back memories of the taste so we won’t let you wait any longer. Get ready to prepare yourself for some goodness on a plate. Serve it with our raita and make it an Indian feast!
Baked chicken leg with baby potatoes
- 4 chicken legs
- 24 baby potatoes
- 4 shallots
For the marinade
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp Indian curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all the listed spices for the marinade.
- Score the chicken legs to ½ cm deep.
- ‘Massage’ the marinade gently into the chicken legs and keep overnight in the fridge into a plastic bag.
- Peel and halve the baby potatoes and the shallots.
- Toss them in a baking tin with salt, pepper, a pinch of chili flakes and olive oil.
- Turn the oven grill to high and arrange the marinated chicken legs on a wire rack.
- Place on top of the baking tin with the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes before flipping the chicken legs.
- Cook until tender, crispy and brown.
- The potatoes will cook with the melted fat from the chicken.