Marinades are mixtures of oil, seasonings, and often acidic ingredients such as vinegar, wine, or citrus juice, used to enhance the flavour of foods.
Asian marinades often have soy sauce, which is made from fermented soybeans and it is full of umami. There’s plenty of salt in soy sauce, which makes it great to season this baby chicken as it will elevate flavours with only a short time needed for marination.
Read also other recipes with chicken.
Asian Marinated Baby Chicken
- 1 pc baby chicken 450gr
For the marinade
Prepare the chicken
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and cut the wing tips off.
- Cut into the cavity and cut through on both sides of the back bones.
- Flip it over and cut the sternum to flatten the baby chicken.
- Make a small cut on the skin and insert the leg drumsticks.
Prepare the marinade and glaze
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze.
Cook the chicken
- Rub the baby chicken with the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler to high and place the marinated baby chicken under the broiler for 8 minutes.
- Brush the glaze over the baby chicken skin and return the pan under the broiler.
- Repeat the operation twice more times to obtain a shiny and crispy skin.
- Cut the broiled baby chicken into small pieces and serve the dip sauce on the side.
- Broiling is a cooking technique where food is exposed directly under radiant heat.
- This marinade can be used with chicken or duck.