You are already well-aware how much we love artichokes, and if you still don’t understand why, we hope to change your mind with this delicious artichoke dip.
There are only 4 ingredients of which artichoke is the primary ingredient. Our version has a silky-smooth texture; however, you may choose to prepare and serve a chunky artichoke dip which is perfectly fine.
The added lemon juice and zest makes it an extremely refreshing, hearty dip, and ideal to serve during aperitif with chips or crackers.
We always make this the night before a party and keep it in the fridge, with only one problem … staying away from it.
How to clean fresh artichokes?
Related : Artichoke with sauce vierge
EQUIPMENT (click pictures for details)
- Trim and carve the fresh artichokes and place into a water bath with a lemon slice.
- Boil the artichoke hearts in salted water with a lemon slice for 10-20 minutes until soft (cooking time depends on the size).
- Let the artichokes cool in the water. Then drain and keep the cooking water aside.
- Blend the artichokes with the cream cheese to a paste then add gradually add the olive oil and cooking water to obtain a smooth texture.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest.