Sometimes you will find that almond cream is also called Frangipane. It is maybe a little over the top to say that it is life threatening if you don’t know how to make it, but it is a fact that it can be used in many recipes.
Almonds are native to the Middle East, but the US is now the world’s largest producer. They are one of the world’s most nutritious and versatile nuts, renowned for their many health benefits and culinary uses.
The recipe is easy to make and doesn’t need muscles but you best use a hand mixer so you get the velvety, smooth texture when mixing all the ingredients.
What do we use Almond Cream for?
- In this recipe we are using it to fill tarts.
- Spread on toast bread and preparing it like French toast is another great way of having almond cream.
- Did you ever prepare ‘old’ croissants and bake it with this filling?
- Almond Cream pairs well with all kinds of fruit whatever season.
- Mix the butter with icing sugar for about 3 minutes until you get a smooth, silky texture.
- Add the almond powder, rum and vanilla and combine with the butter mix.
- Add the eggs and whisk for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the almond cream in a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Use soft butter and not melted butter to avoid a greasy texture.